AMA Waterways European Cruise
With Freedom Travel and AMA WATERWAYS, your opportunities are endless; discover a European River Cruise and all it has to offer.
Dates - March 24 - April 3, 2017
Day 1 - DEPART CANADA
- Board your international flight to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Day 2&3 - AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND
- Welcome to Amsterdam! Explore its unique and elegant architecture, lively cafés and markets, and vibrant nightlife.
Day 4 - AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND - EMBARKATION
- This evening, meet your fellow passengers on board at the Welcome Dinner. (D)
Day 5 - AMSTERDAM - VOLENDAM - EDAM
- Cruise through the historic harbor and canals of Amsterdam
- The fabled Skinny Bridge
- Home where Anne Frank spent her years in hiding during World War II.
- Panoramic city tour including windmill and iconic landmarks
- Cruise the Ijesselmeer towards Volendam
- Tour of Volendam Harbor and see the fishing fleet and fish auction building
- Tour to Edam
- Walking tour of the Old Quarter's beautiful houses, canals, bridges and churches including the Grote Kerk
Day 6 - ARNHEM - NIJMEGEN
- See the Battle of Arnhem Bridge made famous by the classic film "A Bridge Too Far" upon arrival in Arnhem this morning.
- Visit the Airborne Museum
- Enjoy a tour of the most sunning royal residence in Holland, Het Loo Palace
- Cruise to Nijmegen for a city tour
- Finish the day with a scenic cruise through the Netherlands as you sail to Belgium.
Day 7 - ANTWERP, BELGIUM
- Start your day with a walking tour of Antwerp and see Antwerp Castle, Grote Market, Brabo Fountain
- Alternatively, visit the Rubens House, former home and studio of Peter Rubens (The famous 17th century Flemish Baroque-painter)
- See the Antwerp cathedral
- Enjoy free time in the afternoon or take an optional excursion to nearby Brussels (Capital of Belgium)
- Depart for Ghent in the evening.
Day 8 - GHENT
- Take a guided walking tour of Ghent, which includes highlights such as the Belfry Hall, the Koornlei, the Graslei and the Castle of the Counts.
- Cruise to Terneuzen this afternoon, or take an optional excursion to Bruges (One of Europe's most preserved medieval cities.
- Cruise through the Dutch region of Zeeland, home to one of the world's most complex engineering projects, the Delta Works.
Day 9 - WILLEMSTAD, THE NETHERLANDS - KINDERDIJK - DORDRECHT
- Visit the charming 400 year old town of Willemstad for a walking tour and private organ recital at the oldest Protestant church in the Netherlands.
- You will get to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Kinderdijk.
- Enjoy a special onboard musical performance as the ship cruises to Schoonhoven.
Day 10 - UTRECHT - KEUKENHOF - AMSTERDAM
- After arriving in Amsterdam, admire the spectacular display of millions of flowering tulips during your morning excursion to the famous 70 acre Keukenhof gardens.
- Spend the rest of your day at your leisure.
Day 11 - DISEMBARKATION - DEPART AMSTERDAM
- Disembark the ship and prepare for your homeward flight. (B)
Price per person based on double occupancy *SEATS ARE LIMITED*
- Window Cabin Category E from $4,599 CAD
- Window Cabin Category D from $4,899 CAD
- French Balcony from $5,799 CAD
- French and Outside Balcony from $6,399 CAD
- Airfare from Saint John to Amsterdam
- Roundtrip transfers from Airport to your hotel to the Cruise Port in Amsterdam
- 2 nights at the 4* hotel in Amsterdam with breakfast
- 7 nights deluxe cruise accommodations
- Fine dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Free-flowing red and white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail reception, welcome dinner & Captain's gala dinner
- Life enriching tours and excursions daily during your cruise
- Taxes and fees
- Tour director from Freedom Travel
A deposit of $750.00 per person is due at the time of booking. Final payment must be paid by no later than December 1st, 2016.